|Home||Local Vendors||Wedding Statistics||Bridal Shows||Wedding Planning||free use of articles||Submit An Article||Contact Us|
Wedding Invitation Tips and Advice
You're well into planning your wedding and have finally decided on the design of your wedding invitation. The wording has been chosen and the guest list is well on its way to completion. Here are some additional wedding invitation tips and advice that you should also be aware of.
* If children will also be included as guests, you can choose to write out their individual names on the addressed envelopes or put "and family". For example:
Mr. and Mrs. Bob Simpson, Cathy and John
* If the children are older teenagers (say 16 years of age or older), you may wish to send them an individual invitation, just like you would an adult.
* If you don't wish to include children at the ceremony, do not include their names or "and family" on the outside of the envelope. It's suggested you add "Sorry, but children are not invited", "adults only" or something similar somewhere on the invitation to make it clear. If you wish to include them at the reception, but not at the ceremony, you could note this information on the response card?or on the invitation itself at the bottom in some fashion.
* When issuing invitations to a guest who is single, it is polite to put "and Guest" on the outside of the envelope so that they have the option to bring along a companion. For example:
Mr. Ralph Jones and Guest
* Be forewarned. Usually 7% to 10% of the guests who respond with a yes will not actually attend the wedding. In addition, 20% to 30% won't make it to the reception. This can wreak havoc when budgeting for a sit down dinner. You may want to consider a buffet style dinner instead.
* In some cases, you'll want to invite people to the ceremony, but not the reception or vice versa. If so, then you will need two sets of invitations printed. One that includes reception information and one that doesn't.
* If you don't receive a reply from some guests by your reply date, do not hesitate to call them. It is important that you know how many are attending so you budget accordingly.
* If you decide to order invitations, be sure to do so at least 4 to 6 weeks before they are scheduled to be mailed. If you plan on mailing your invitations around the 15th of March, order them between February 1st and 15th.
* Double, even triple check everything before it gets printed. This includes invitations, response cards, envelopes, wedding programs, etc. whether you're doing them yourself or your having them professionally printed. Check for spelling errors especially.
* Always order extra invitation envelopes and response card envelopes. There will inevitably be a few mistakes when addressing these and you'll want to have a few extras on hand.
* You should mail your invitations at least 6 weeks before the wedding date and indicate that you would like a response at least 3 weeks before the wedding date. So if your wedding date is July 1st, mail your invitations by May 15th and ask that they respond by June 7th. This will give guests time to receive their invitations and reply by mail, which in turn, gives you time to firm up catering plans, seating arrangements, etc.
* If your wedding is going to actually be held on a beach or other outdoor area, be sure that you let your guests know this, so they can dress appropriately.
Rose Smith has been providing helpful information on wedding planning for many years. For wedding theme ideas, articles and resources, visit her website Wedding Themes and More at http://www.wedthemes.com. Visit Wedding Planning Guides for a full range of wedding planning books at http://www.wedding-planning-guides.com
Get a Prenuptial Agreement before Your Next Marriage
While signing a prenuptial agreement can be one of the all-time romantic turnoffs, for people heading into their second marriage, a prenuptial agreement can give the trade-off of a better relationship through the security of financial and life planning.
Conquer the Five Most Common Fears About Your Wedding Ceremony
It's safe to say that of all the important events in your lifetime, your wedding day is certain to be right up there with those that are the most meaningful. And throughout the entire wedding day ? the preparations, the ceremony, the reception, and the wedding night ? the moment when you recite your wedding vows to each other is the most meaningful. It is a time that you will remember forever, exactly as it felt: a sublime, dreamlike fantastical moment, when everyone significant to you is watching as you join in wedlock with the most important individual in your life.
Make Your Honeymoon an Everlasting Experience
Honeymoon is the most wonderful time of every couple's life. It is a time to move away from all the hustle and bustle and to relax in the arms of your partner in your own world. Such a special occasion demands some planning. Planning can make your honeymoon worthwhile.
Which Came First, Love or Marriage?
I came across an article today: LOVE AND MARRIAGE THE TORAH'S CRITERIA by Rivka Olenick.
Like Sand Through an Hour Glass
Symbols! Weddings are full of them. Exchanging rings. Exchanging roses. Tying hands with ribbons. Merging coloured sands. Lighting candles. Releasing doves or butterflies. Ringing bells and kissing chimney sweeps. But when it comes to real drama, no symbol can match smashing a glass or two.
How To Choose Your Wedding Cake
One of my favorite parts about the wedding, is the cake. Over time many things have changed with weddings, but one thing that stays the same, there is always a beautiful cake. The wedding cake is a big part of the wedding, and something 'everyone" remembers. So when deciding on which cake is right for your perfect day, there are many factors to take into consideration.
Setting a diamond - What to know.
When it comes to placing your new diamond in a setting there are a couple of things to take into consideration.
Do We Still Need Wedding Traditions?
Traditionally at weddings the speechs are made after the wedding dinner but do the speech makers really enjoy their meal? I have been to weddings where the best man could not eat his dinner because of nerves!!
A Call for International Marriage Laws
I recently watched a CNN programme which centred on "kidnapped daughters" (from multicultural marriages) who were unwillingly given away in marriages in Islamic states by their fathers. Usually, the fathers were from these Islamic states. While pondering over why some states still refuse women their rights to choose whom to marry, the key question I am also trying to answer is "Which international law governs inter-country and inter-religious marriages?"
To Choose a Wedding Planner or Not to Choose a Wedding Planner
When I was the owner of a major wedding facility, I was able to observe the results of more than 300 weddings. I've seen exceptional events that will last forever in the memories of the participants. I've also seen total disasters. The difference was always in how the event was planned and managed.
Beautiful Balloon Wedding Decorations
Need a quick idea to dress up a mediocre wedding? Balloon decorations are just what you need. These do-it-yourself ideas are not only low-cost but also lovely additions to a wedding ceremony or reception. Adding balloon decorations to your wedding is a smart way to be creative and save money.
Engagement Rings & Celebrities
Whether we like it or not current trends in engagement rings say bigger is so much better. Just have a look at what style engagement rings celebrities are choosing. And of course what's good for them is good for the rest of us.
What Is A Destination Wedding Dress?
Just as destination weddings are fast growing in popularity, so are destination wedding dresses.
Discount Wedding Dresses ? Elegance and Style that Won?t Blow Your Budget!
If you're planning your wedding day then you'll be all too aware that one of the many expenses is the cost of your dream wedding gown. Fortunately, with the fantastic selection of top quality discount wedding dresses available these days, it's possible to look like a princess without spending a small fortune. Savvy brides-to-be know that using the internet to compare prices and styles of bridal dresses can lead to a real bargain. So, get online and see how much you can save!
Minor But Important Duties For Your Wedding Party, Bridesmaids, and Groomsmen
Your wedding party is a major factor in the success of your wedding day. Too many couples assume that once they've selected their brides maids and grooms men that they are finished. Unfortunately, many people don't know what it means to be in a bridal party. Bridesmaids and groomsmen need to do more than just look pretty. Put these people to work! If your wedding party knows the who's, what's, when's, and why's, they will be able to handle many of the details that may derail the enjoyment of what should be your happiest day.
How to Have a Sizzler of a Honeymoon! Article No. 3
Remember the frenzy of the paparazzi when they caught Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York, having her toe sucked at a beach? What was the big deal? Was it that she was so well-known? Or was it that this piece of fore play was being conducted in a more or less public place? Or was it the toe itself that did it?
Nobody, I repeat nobody likes a bridezilla bride. If you feel this feeling taking hold of your higher thinking processes fight it! Fight it will every fiber of your being, if you don't your friends may never forgive you. I am speaking, from experience of my close friend. She has never been a bride, but often been a bridesmaid. You know what they say; always a bridesmaid, never a bride but I keep my hopes up. But back to the bridezilla thing, it is too easy for the bride to get carried away and wrapped up in all of the planning. And oftentimes if she has a wedding planner she will be inclined to take all of this planners words as gospel. This unfortunately often hurts the bridesmaid's chances of looking pretty during the ceremony. I don't know what it is with ugly bridesmaid dresses but they seem to be the popular thing to choose among brides. This is one wedding tradition that does not seem to be in any danger of being lost, like ever.
The Bachelor Party: A Guide For The Best Man
If you forget the ring, there is still a chance that you might be forgiven. If you throw a poor bachelor party, you might as well throw away your friendship.
Wedding Cake Design Through History
The design of the traditional wedding cake has varied greatly over time. Once a sign of fertility, the wedding cake of the Roman Empire was made of wheat or Barley. The small cake was then broken over the bride's head, celebrating her fertility.
Growing and Connecting with Your Spouse
Do you remember when there were no children in your life? Hanging out with your spouse was your first priority. You had fun going on dates. You had time to talk and share with each other your day's events. And sex was something you looked forward to. And then along came Ryan or Megan, and then maybe Benjamin or Kaylee. Suddenly, life became centered on your children. Time for each other as a couple was rare.
|Wedding Professionals in every state from Disc Jockeys & Photography to Wedding Invitations & Wedding Coordinators and free service including Sunset Times, Bridal Shows Wedding Planning Call us at 1-866 My Weddings|