|Home||Local Vendors||Wedding Statistics||Bridal Shows||Wedding Planning||free use of articles||Submit An Article||Contact Us|
Wedding Photography - Tips for a Wonderful Session
Every couple wants wonderful photos of their wedding day that capture the celebration, details, romance and beauty.Here are a few tips for a successful photo session:
1. Hire a professional qualified wedding photographer. Don't be tempted to hire "Uncle Harry" to do your wedding photos. Focus on quality wedding photography. At the end in won't matter how much you save or spend if you end up with bad photos or no photos at all.
2. Take the time to select the best wedding photographer that you can have. Make sure that you are in agreement regarding the style of photography.
3. Don't give your wedding photographer a long list of must have photos that you printed from the Internet. You will only hinder the photographer's creativity and the capture of true spontaneous photographs. Hire a photographer with a style that you like and then give him or her artistic freedom to capture your wedding day photography.
4. If you are going to have a ceremony outdoors please plan it away from the harsh sun. Shaded areas and afternoon sunlight are best.
5. Try to have an engagement session with the same photographer that will photograph your wedding. It will allow you to interact with the photographer before your wedding day and will help the photographer evaluate your best angles.
6. Plan enough time for your photographic session. Even if the wedding photographer is good he or she won't be able to give you wonderful photos in just five minutes.
7. Take your time to do your hair and make up and to take care of all the details so you look good and fresh. The wedding day is not the time to try new makeup or a new hair look. If possible hire a professional hair and makeup artist and have a trial session before the wedding.
8. Plan your photo session for afternoon or evening light unless it is an overcast day. The light will be better and you will end up with beautiful photos. Contrary to popular belief midday sunny time is the worst time to take photos.
9. Please don't forget to rest well the day before the wedding and eat and stay hydrated during the day. If you are tired, thirsty or hungry it will show up in your photos.
10. Don't make photography of groups the entire focus of your wedding day. A few group photos are ok to record the friends and relatives at the wedding. There is nothing more boring that a wedding album full of group photos.
11. Be yourself. The goal of the wedding photographer is to capture the true you. If the photos are nice but show a fake person you won't be happy.
12. Have fun and treat the photographer like a human being. Enjoy your day, smile a lot and relax.
Juan Carlos Torres is a very respected and awarded wedding photographer in Oregon. He has a Masters Degree in Remote Sensing with a strong background in digital image processing and photography. He is a member of the several professional photographer organizations including the Professional Photographers of America, the Professional Photographers of Oregon, the Wedding Photojournalist Association, and the Oregon Wedding Photo Guild. His wedding photographs are unique and very artistic and have been featured in national and international magazines. For a sample of his works please visit Portland Oregon Wedding Photographer and Eugene Oregon Wedding PhotographerFor a discussion on wedding photography see our Blog at Oregon Wedding Photographer
Dance Music for the Wedding Reception
The most enjoyable part of the wedding reception is the dance music. When choosing dance music for your wedding, you need to decide if you want the services of a DJ or a band for your wedding.
Planning the Music for Your Wedding Ceremony
It's safe to say that out of all the events for which you will gather your friends and family to celebrate your marriage, the wedding ceremony itself will be the most meaningful and, hopefully, memorable. In the United States, music plays many vital roles in the wedding ceremony, from providing flow and ambiance to highlighting the deeper emotional meaning. Many former brides and grooms remember the songs played at their weddings for the rest of their lives, and they can relive that romantic day when hearing those songs again.
Maid of Honor Duties
Being chosen as a maid of honor is a great privilege, but it also requires a large number of responsibilities in the wedding planning process. The maid of honor will likely be spending a great deal of time with the best man, since their duties are often the same and require them to work hand-in-hand in order for the wedding to be a success. Once you have dealt with the excitement of being part of the wedding party and of wearing a great dress, it's time to start planning immediately. Here is a list of common duties the maid of honor must fulfill:
Replacing Your Lost Wedding Ring
Imagine it's Halloween evening and you've just gone to the door to greet another eager child with your big bag of trick-or-treat candy. You look down at the grinning costumed child with a smile and share some kind words as you throw a generous handful of tasty treats into his bag.
Common Format Of A Wedding Reception
The following article can be copied but you must keep about the author section.
Cookie Wedding Favors
Cookies as wedding favors, create an unique twist on the time honored tradition of providing small gifts to guests, as a token of appreciation from the bride and groom. Initially wedding favors were only a part of celebrations European upper classes who would provide elaborate gifts to their guests. Wedding favors began as small fancy boxes, filled with the royal treat of confectionery delicacies, at a time when sugar was quite expensive.
It?s Never Too Early to Renew Your Wedding Vows
When you think about couples who renew their wedding vows, chances are you're not picturing anyone under the age of 50. But the truth is that it's never too early to renew your vows ? especially if you didn't get to do exactly what you wanted the first time around. I'm talking about those couples that really wanted to write their own vows, but that got talked out of doing it by family, friends (or even themselves) for a whole host of reasons that "sounded good" at the time.
A Look at Maui Wedding Cakes
Since Maui and Hawaii in general have been blessed with the most wonderful fruits and flowers, the best cakes on the island tend to take advantage of them. There are companies on the islands that have been creating designs and recipes for wedding cakes for over 50 years. Many have received worldwide acclaim. Several, in fact, have created wedding cakes for the rich and famous for weddings not even held in Hawaii.
How To Fight Cultural Differences In Marriage And Stay Happy
When people plan to marry, they expect to find in their partner not only a lover but a friend also. A person with whom they can share their opinions, their emotions, thoughts and fears.
For Second Weddings Only - Eight Tips
Planning a second wedding? Prevent favorite guests comparing your second wedding, to the first wedding. It isn't tricky but it will take some thought. Whether guests will or will not compare weddings is likely to be determined by the bride's status.
5 Tips To Keep Marital Bliss Alive After You Retire!
Let's face it retirement is a time of great transition for spouses. Ample free time and drastic lifestyle changes can be a burden or a blessing for your marriage. Regardless of whether one or both spouses retire, the secret to a smooth transition is planning before you retire. For example, if one or both of you have been task-driven individuals with their own careers, a 7/24 marriage may not be to your liking. Retiring couples who have lived independent and relatively separate lives may become frustrated and bored being joined at the hip. Others may rejoice in spending more time with each other. The most important step to take prior to retiring is:
Wedding Flowers: How It Emulates Your Personality
Your wedding day, what is presumed to be the happiest day and the start of your new life. The excitement of all the preparations, and so many things to do to make it perfection. Choosing the perfect flowers is an important part of not only the reception, but also the actual service itself. I think you would find it extremely rare not to see flowers at a wedding.
Marriage Advice: Ten Ways to Add Romance to Your Marriage
Every marriage needs a healthy dose of on-going romance to add spice, delight, and fun to the relationship. It's not enough to just start out with a sizzling romance. You have to find a way to keep the romance alive as the months and years accumulate.
Las Vegas Elvis Weddings
Got a yen for Elvis? Lots of people do. There are many variations on the theme ? and each and every one of them is available in Las Vegas and only in Las Vegas.
Bachelorette Parties: Fun Alternatives to a Wild Night
If bar-hopping and male strippers aren't the bride's idea of a fun time, perhaps you should reconsider her bachelorette party festivities. (I know, I know...bachelorette parties are a great reason to plead temporary insanity.) But don't despair! There are lots of fun ways to celebrate the bride's final moments of her single life.
Lingerie Party Ideas: Tips to Help Break the Ice
Are you in the process of planning that last special party for the soon to be bride?
Get Swept Away on Your Wedding Day: Rent a Sailboat or Yacht!
For a day you'll never forget on that special occasion, take a once-in-a-lifetime voyage to the world's waters ? rent a sailboat or yacht for your wedding ? or for your closest loved ones. Imagine saying your vows while sailing across the ocean blue ? either on a bright morning or a lovely afternoon, just as the sun is setting ? it's sure to be an occasion both you and all your guests on board will never forget!
Restore Your Marriage - 5 Ways to Feel Connected to Your Spouse Even on Opposite Schedules
We've all been through times in our lives when it was so busy we would rarely have time to ourselves let alone time to contact our family and friends. With every day life moving as quickly as it is, there just seems to be no time to do everything in one day and get a decent amount of sleep so you can do it all over again the next day. It's no wonder why it's so hard these days for a married couple to share a strong relationship. If you feel your marriage is lacking, check out the following advice to improve or even save your marriage!
Wedding Gown Styles
The wedding gown is most important choice for a bride during her wedding. Every bride dreams of an enchanted wedding and a beautiful gown is what can make the bride look like a princess.
Marriage Advice: Upgrade Your Marriage By Changing Your Focus
As the story goes, a Cherokee elder was sitting with his grandchildren. He told them, "In every life there is a terrible fight-a fight between two wolves. One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity, resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility, confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
|Wedding Professionals in every state from Disc Jockeys & Photography to Wedding Invitations & Wedding Coordinators and free service including Sunset Times, Bridal Shows Wedding Planning Call us at 1-866 My Weddings|