|Home||Local Vendors||Wedding Statistics||Bridal Shows||Wedding Planning||free use of articles||Submit An Article||Contact Us|
The Pros & Cons of Beach Weddings
Beach weddings are popular but they do present "special issues".
Failing to consider these ahead of time could leave you unpleasantly surprised on your wedding day!
There is certainly nothing that should dissuade you from your vision of a beautiful seaside ceremony. As a matter of fact, there are many benefits.
Just know the issues and plan for them. Your wedding day will be a wonderful and joyous event!
* A beach wedding can be much cheaper than a traditional wedding. Who in this day and age can't afford to save money? It is said that the average budget for a wedding these days is between $20,000 to $30,000! That is an enormous and unnecessary financial burden to be faced with!
Don't start off married life enslaved by your wedding day debts. If you have that kind of money to spend, fine, but if not, don't go there! Be practical and remember, the day is what you, your loved ones and your friends make of it...not how much you spent on it!
* A beach wedding can be a casual affair. It allows everyone to relax. Your guests can dress comfortably and affordably. Often brides-to-be are unaware of the financial strain they place on their wedding attendants and guests. Not everyone can afford to buy that wedding outfit.
* The wedding ceremony and reception can all be held right there on the beach. No need to travel to different locations. This is very convenient for everyone. Hey, even the kids can have fun at a beach wedding!
* A beach wedding allows you to involve everyone in the activities. Guests are not restricted to sitting quietly in their seats. They can actually be a part of the celebration!
* Beach weddings don't always require a permit. If you are having a small ceremony and do not require a section of the beach to be blocked off...just do it! Simple yet lovely!
* A beach wedding is a modern and refreshing change from the "stodgy" traditional wedding. It allows your creativity and personality to shine through.
* There is no "right" or "wrong way" to plan a beach front wedding. It can be large, small, romantic, whimsical or even downright goofy! You can pay big bucks and hire everything out, or, you can be cheap and make everything yourself. The choice is completely yours!
* The most important thing to remember when planning a beach wedding is that "Mother Nature" rules! Depending on her mood, she can brighten your day or rain on your parade! When planning your celebration, be sure to plan an "alternate location" should the old girl be cranky that day!
* The beach is usually a bit breezy so take that into consideration when picking your location. Try to choose a "cove" on the beach that is protected from direct winds.
* Be sure to check with local authorities regarding any permits needed to use the beach. This should only be necessary if you are having a large gathering and you want to block off a portion of the beach exclusively for you and your guests. Ask to be sure though.
* Check on the "Beach Rules". Ask questions. Can you have candles on the beach? Can you play music into the night? How late can you stay? Is there an area nearby for open fires should you choose to barbeque?
* Speaking of food...don't forget about the seagulls! They are notorious beggars and thieves. You can expect them to attend your beach wedding, uninvited! As long as you keep food covered and don't feed them, they will stay on the sidelines.
* Remember the tides. You definitely do not want to be surprised by the quick and unanticipated arrival of high tide!
* On the beach, there will be bugs and sunshine! Make sure you consider the comfort of your guests. Bring sunscreen and insect repellant for those who did not remember to bring their own.
* Chairs may sink in the sand if you do not rent flooring to place under them. However, if you are planning a "beach blanket" reception, you will not need chairs. Remember your elderly guests though. Plan for their safety and comfort. You will need to provide them with chairs and beach umbrellas to protect them from the elements.
Beach weddings are absolutely beautiful but nature does provide an element of uncertainty. Careful planning on your part will eliminate most of them.
If every hair is not in place due to the ocean breezes or a seagull drops off his "wedding gift" a little to close to the punch bowl...
These are not flaws or imperfections in your day. They are "memories"! Cherish them and have fun!
Cindy English is the publisher of:
© Copyright 2005 by Cindy English
The A To Z Guide For Your Wedding Day
Bridal Beauty Tips For Your Special Day
It's your day! The most special day of your life, so relax, enjoy, and don't fret the small stuff. Life isn't perfect and your wedding may have a few hick ups too, however if you go with the flow you'll be less stressed and more radient.
Let Your Wedding Flowers Speak the Language of Love
Congratulations! You have found the man of your dreams and are getting married. What a wonderful time in your life ? full of promise, hope, and happiness. Can you think of a better way to express these emotions than through flowers? A wedding would just not be the same without wedding flowers.
Bridal Jewelry: Fulfilling a Wedding Tradition
'Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue.' This is a saying that many brides take to heart when considering their wedding trousseau. From wedding gowns, accessories and motifs, brides from all walks of life throughout the years have tried their best to stick to this formula. It's interesting to note that bridal jewelry can follow this adage, too.
5 Tips To Select The Best Wedding Reception Location
Being disc jockeys, we get the opportunity to evaluate many reception facilities while having little or no bias to "sell" one location over another. Most Brides and Grooms know where they will be holding the ceremony before they decide where to have the reception, so we have compiled five observations that can help you when selecting your venue.
Marriage Counseling: What Do Husbands Really Want in a Wife?
Because many men do not discuss feelings as easily as most women do, wives are often shocked when their husband actually voices his desire to separate or divorce. They might have suspected that their spouse wasn't entirely happy, but they didn't think he'd ever be the one to end the marriage.
Personalized Wedding Favors
Personalized wedding favors are among the most popular of gift selections made by brides and grooms to show appreciation to the guests sharing in their wedding day. Traditional ceremonies have made wedding favors a part of the celebration since the sixteenth century. Modern technologies have made it affordable for many small gift items to be personalized to reflect the gracious sentiments of the happy couple.
Balance - Wedding Budget Blues
Let's think about what goes into your wedding budget. Your caterer/banquet facility will get the lion's share of it. If you are having 150 guests (an average number) and the banquet facility charges $100 pp. (typical high-end facility in New England area - including gratuity, tax, hidden fees) - that works out to $15,000 right off the top. If you have it and want to spend it - great. If you are trying to stretch your wedding dollars, then you really need to step back. Many couples get so caught up in the facility that they spend all their budget on it and don't have enough left over for quality entertainment or wedding photos.
Las Vegas Wedding Chapels
In Las Vegas, once you get your marriage license you don't have to wait for any predetermined amount of time and there is no blood test required before you can get married. Thinking about getting married in a chapel? The advantage of getting married in a chapel is that once you have chosen the one that is right for you, half of the job is completed because the chapel managers will do most of the work for you. They have been performing weddings for countless couples for quite some time and they'll be able to take care of any of your specific requests no matter how small or grandiose. Here are a few of your choices for Las Vegas Wedding Chapels.
Restore Your Marriage - 5 Ways to Feel Connected to Your Spouse Even on Opposite Schedules
We've all been through times in our lives when it was so busy we would rarely have time to ourselves let alone time to contact our family and friends. With every day life moving as quickly as it is, there just seems to be no time to do everything in one day and get a decent amount of sleep so you can do it all over again the next day. It's no wonder why it's so hard these days for a married couple to share a strong relationship. If you feel your marriage is lacking, check out the following advice to improve or even save your marriage!
Wedding Web Site Design - How to Design a Wedding Site That Others Will Rave About
If you are in the process of design a wedding web site, you want to put some serious thought into the design of your site before actually building it. The reason you need a plan is so that you know where you are going and how to get there, the plan is a roadmap of sort for the success of your wedding web site. There are a variety of things you need to keep in mind when designing a wedding web site your friends, family, and visitors will rave about, so consider the following suggestions before you get going.
How Optimism can Help ? or Hurt ? Your Marriage
Beth and Tom were happily married for over 25 years ? no small feat in today's world. At first, their friends could not understand how their marriage succeeded, due to numerous perceived shortcomings.
Should You Send Save the Date Notices To Your Guests?
You've probably heard about Save the Dates since they have become quite popular with brides but you might not know exactly what purpose they serve.
How To Keep Love Growing Through All The Ups And Downs
The relationship expert on i.village.com, I am the author of many books on relationships and Zen including Living By Zen, (Timeless Truths For Everyday Life), www.livingbyzen.com Some other books of mine include Zen And The Art of Falling In Love, (Simon And Schuster), Zen Miracles (Finding Peace In An Insane World), Wiley, and Why Men Leave, (Putnam), What He Can't Tell You And Needs To Say, (Putnam).
Whats a Goldfish Doing at a Wedding?
Time was when you'd open a wedding invitation you'd find an understated high quality piece of parchment, with an uncompromisingly clear font, requesting, ever so formally, the honour of your presence.
Wedding Dresses - How to Select the Best One for You
Every bride would agree that her wedding dress should be perfect - not only does she want to look her best, on her special day, but her wedding dress also is the center of everybody's attention. But how would you select the best one for you? Here is advice about selecting the best dress for your wedding.
Marriage Counseling: How to Keep Jealousy From Destroying Your Marriage
Jealousy has often been called the "green-eyed monster," and with good reason. The "monster" is fueled by envy and can over time devour the trust and harmony in a relationship.
The High Cost of Resentment and Anger in Marriage
Many spouses carry heavy suitcases filled with a collection of anger and resentment from their marriage. Periodically, they unpack these suitcases and review every situation in which they feel they were treated unfairly.
Do You Hear Wedding Bells?
So you've been in that perfect relationship for some time now. You've been dropping hints about the future and he is receiving you loud and clear. It's time to do a little "window shopping." After all, you don't want to leave one of the most important decisions in your life entirely up to him, do you? He WILL lose sleep over finding that perfect engagement ring, even though he will not admit it. So why not help him out a little, give him some guidance and direction.
What should you "walk down the aisle" to? Should you stick with the traditional Wedding March or should you shock your grannie with "Bat out of Hell"?
|Wedding Professionals in every state from Disc Jockeys & Photography to Wedding Invitations & Wedding Coordinators and free service including Sunset Times, Bridal Shows Wedding Planning Call us at 1-866 My Weddings|